This recipe is one of our favorite summer recipes.We oftentimes have these noodles on their own for a light summer lunch when it’s too hot outside and we are in need of a hydrating, light meal. The noodles are also beautiful as a side dish to dinner.
Serves 2 (as a light meal)
1 tbsp tamari
Juice and pulp of ½ lime
1 tbsp coconut nectar
½ tsp grated ginger
¼ tsp cold-pressed sesame oil
½ tsp chia seeds
1 pinch chili flakes
2 large handfuls sunflower sprouts
4 small radishes, thinly sliced
2 small handfuls finely chopped mint
1 small spring onion, thinly sliced
2 Lebanese cucumbers- Make thin spirals using our Kitofin Spiral Spiralizer Slicer.
2 large handfuls baby spinach or seasonal greens of your choice
1 tbsp white and/or black sesame seeds
2 lime wedges
- Place all dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the sprouts, radish, mint, and onion to the dressing bowl and toss until thoroughly coated. Massage vegetables for about 1 minute to help soften them. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add cucumber noodles to the bowl and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange a large handful of baby spinach or greens of choice on each plate, then top with coated noodles.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges.
Enjoy your meal